Wednesday, August 11, 2010

New services

Given my green beliefs I should be very against the idea of a new motorway service station on the M5 near Gloucester - but strangely I'm not.

If we must have new services let's have them like the one on the M6 in Cumbria - Tebay. 

Sustainable, green, as environmentally friendly as is possible, good locally sourced, and staff brought in by bus too reduce unnecessary travel.

The developers, Westmorland have just got planning approval for the services, where fast food outlets will be banned and the petrol station will have a grass roof!

I do occasionally go down that way to visit family, and have always noticed the lack of services - as i've said, if we must have services stations, let's have them like this.

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...