Rant number 3....hopefully the last for a while!
I bought John a wash bag, he didn't have one and the pharmacopia of creams and potions he carries around needed a home....so off to M&S.
Now, M&S are clearly trying to let everyone know their green credentials, so you'd hope that their staff would be aware of this and their goods would be packed environmentally.
Firstly I discovered that the wash bag was packed with new paper in a new carrier bag - TOTALLY unnecessary and crazy.....
Then when I got to the till (in the food department as I was buying lunch too), the cashier was packing the bag of the woman in front of me in the queue.....placing each item in an individual carrier bag....as the shopper then placed them in a bag for life that she'd brought with her......aaaaarrrrrrrgh!
I bought John a wash bag, he didn't have one and the pharmacopia of creams and potions he carries around needed a home....so off to M&S.
Now, M&S are clearly trying to let everyone know their green credentials, so you'd hope that their staff would be aware of this and their goods would be packed environmentally.
Firstly I discovered that the wash bag was packed with new paper in a new carrier bag - TOTALLY unnecessary and crazy.....
Then when I got to the till (in the food department as I was buying lunch too), the cashier was packing the bag of the woman in front of me in the queue.....placing each item in an individual carrier bag....as the shopper then placed them in a bag for life that she'd brought with her......aaaaarrrrrrrgh!

No comments:
Post a Comment