Thursday, January 07, 2010

White out

I probably should record that it's snowed a bit! On Tuesday it dumped a few inches, followed by a few more the next night - and now everything is a winter wonderland. Actually it's all rather sludgy at the moment as the roads have cleared and the pavements have become ice rinks covered in brown snow!

Most of the country seems to have gone into panic mode, fuelled by the media. People are panic buying in supermarkets, cars are being abandoned all over the place and public services (schools and buses inparticular) have ceased to function in any way.

I'm one of the lucky, I can work from home (although I worry about the fuel bills). Many people have been unable to travel to work or anywhere else for that matter.

It's Thursday evening and more snow is forecast for tonight, I'm kind of looking forward to it - there is something about a good snow fall that brings out the child in me.

Anyway, the photo above comes from NASA's Terra satelitte and was taken earlier today - amazing.

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...