Day 123: Harry Potter and the Warm Bubble Bath
Originally uploaded by fuzzirella.
Originally uploaded by fuzzirella.
What I read is often directly influenced by where I think that I'll be likely to be reading it. Usually fiction isn't a problem, I'm unlikely to want to take notes so a pencil accompaniment isn't necessary.
But if it's something non-fiction, with information that I might want to remember or refer to again, I'll want to make a note, so paper and pencil are required – not easy when reading in the bath, or when rushing about with my book stuffed in my handbag.
On occasion I'll be reading two books, one fiction and one non-fiction – and the non-fiction will be accompanied by a notebook or at least a blank bookmark (often an old postcard) and pencil.
So novels are for reading in the bath and when traveling, non-fiction are for reading when note taking is feasible. I'd use a voice recorder, however I'd feel a right banana talking into one of those in public (and in private too!).
Of course I often make the wrong choice which means that I have nothing to read in the bath – or I have wet pencils and notes!
But if it's something non-fiction, with information that I might want to remember or refer to again, I'll want to make a note, so paper and pencil are required – not easy when reading in the bath, or when rushing about with my book stuffed in my handbag.
On occasion I'll be reading two books, one fiction and one non-fiction – and the non-fiction will be accompanied by a notebook or at least a blank bookmark (often an old postcard) and pencil.
So novels are for reading in the bath and when traveling, non-fiction are for reading when note taking is feasible. I'd use a voice recorder, however I'd feel a right banana talking into one of those in public (and in private too!).
Of course I often make the wrong choice which means that I have nothing to read in the bath – or I have wet pencils and notes!

No comments:
Post a Comment