Thursday, April 02, 2009

New challenge

My rate of blogging is highly likely to slow down again for a at least the next couple of weeks - as I've got a new job.

Last week I was told about a position as a Project Co-ordinator, I applied, was interviewed on Monday and started on Wednesday!

It's a bit complicated but I'll try to explain (since a number of people have asked). My job involves helping charities and organisations in parts of Greater Manchester to help their clients with the digital switchover (due in November).

The help will include arranging training, events and administering a grant programme so that they can hold their own events.

The very quick start was due to the need to attend a meeting on Wednesday (with the funders), and get a massive mailshot out by next Thursday.

I'll have an admin assistant, but she/he hasn't been recruited yet, and although the office is in Stockport I'll be out and about much of the time.

My two days so far have been long - leaving the house at 6.45 to catch a bus to the station, train to Stockport and then not leaving in the evening until 5.30/6pm - which means I get home at about 7.30/8pm - knackered!

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...