Dear Gordon Brown
Although I live in Yorkshire, and obviously nowhere near to Heathrow I still feel the need to stand against this gross environmental nightmare.
I do not accept that the UK needs more airport facilities, at a time when the climate around the world is being changed rapidly by this type of recklessness.
The so called 'green' elements that have been included in the decision are a complete joke. The air companies do not have 'green' planes, engine efficiency cannot compensate for the huge increase in emissions the third runway would create.
Although I do not fly myself, I am not against flying when no other form of transport is possible - eg. long haul. Using air travel within the UK, or even within Europe is crazy.
We need to cut emissions (not off-set) across all sectors, and the population need guidance from government - something I feel you are failing to give.
I have become a beneficial owner of the Greenpeace land at Heathrow - not because I believe it will stop the development (your changes in planning policy have destroyed any say the public might have in such matters), but because I believe that the publicity will help bring the cause to more people.
I wish you luck in the next general election - but I will not be voting for a government who care so little about the environment.
Yours
Although I live in Yorkshire, and obviously nowhere near to Heathrow I still feel the need to stand against this gross environmental nightmare.
I do not accept that the UK needs more airport facilities, at a time when the climate around the world is being changed rapidly by this type of recklessness.
The so called 'green' elements that have been included in the decision are a complete joke. The air companies do not have 'green' planes, engine efficiency cannot compensate for the huge increase in emissions the third runway would create.
Although I do not fly myself, I am not against flying when no other form of transport is possible - eg. long haul. Using air travel within the UK, or even within Europe is crazy.
We need to cut emissions (not off-set) across all sectors, and the population need guidance from government - something I feel you are failing to give.
I have become a beneficial owner of the Greenpeace land at Heathrow - not because I believe it will stop the development (your changes in planning policy have destroyed any say the public might have in such matters), but because I believe that the publicity will help bring the cause to more people.
I wish you luck in the next general election - but I will not be voting for a government who care so little about the environment.
Yours
(Look at the size of it, and it's only set to get bigger!)
To see what this is all about visit the Greenpeace

No comments:
Post a Comment