Friday, September 12, 2008

Escape!



So, almost six years (to the day) since joining as an Assistant Inspector, yesterday was my last day with EH. It's been a fantastic job, I've really enjoyed it and will miss the people so much.

As anyone who has ever worked for EH will know, it's a bloody frustrating organisation to work for, but despite that it's a wonderful organisation to work for. The people make it.

On Wednesday I went down to London for a handover with Buzz and to see my colleagues from the Aggregates Levy (I've been an advisor for the fund for the last four years) and from the Commissions team.

Lunch with Kath was lovely, and a cuppa and chat with Jill is something I'm really going to miss (but will make an effort to do whenever I'm down in London). The earrings in the photo below come from the Commmissions/Agg Levy team; they are moon stone and pearl and I love them. I also love the 'panic', 'panic over' and 'ejector seat' keys for my computer, from Jill - shame they don't actually work!

Later in the day we adjourned to the pub - what a surprise! It was lovely that so many people popped into say goodbye, but made me realise how much I'm going to miss the mad buggers! AM Inspectors are unique! I ended up having a wonderful Thai meal with Buzz and Jon before getting the train home.



Yesterday I visited the York office to hand over my computer, mobile and visa card - and of course to say goodbye to the York team. I'd not wanted a big goodbye and was pleased that there weren't hundreds of people in the office. Still, as the photo shows there was still a 'leaving committee'! The Gorillapod on the table is my leaving present - fantastic (only last week i'd been looking at them but decided I couldn't justify the cost!).

So, without another job to go to........I start the next adventure of my life, but more on that another time!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Sarah!

Tamsin said...

What on earth is a gorilla pod?

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...