I had to blog this as I've just remembered!
When we organised Mum's funeral she didn't want a hearse, flowers or for anyone to wear black (only one person went against her wishes in that respect - and I hope she felt uncomfortable!).
Since I hadn't been involved in arranging Dad's funeral, and we just turned up at the graveyard at the set time, I wasn't sure what to expect - but I hoped that there would be no hearse (the funeral was already being held in a church which I felt very uncomfortable with).
So when up the road came a large black hearse with a gentleman in top hat walking in front John leaned over to me and whispered, "it's the Gashlycrumb Tinies!"
I could have died laughing on the spot! What is it about funerals which just make me want to laugh, and my black humour really comes to the fore!
Friday, May 09, 2008
Black Humour
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Coming to America
We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive! We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...
-
I should know better than to expect a university and the local council to actually be competent - but I guess I will continue to go on hopin...
-
It's been a while so I thought it was about time to update the watch on the Royal Wedding Tat, as you'd expect eBay has some lovely ...
-
High Speed Originally uploaded by birdinanaviary . I listened in complete amazement to the Today Programme on Radio 4 this morning. It see...

No comments:
Post a Comment