Saturday, July 21, 2007

Harry arrives


Harry arrives
Originally uploaded by Ms. Moll.

Colin went off this morning to get some bits from the department, I had to stay at home - although I wasn't desperate for my Harry Potter book we had decided that it wasn't fair on the postman to make him carry the damn thing back to the depot if I wasn't at home to take delivery (there was no way it was going to go through the letterbox).

So when it arrived I was here - he (the postman) seemed very please when I opened the door, he said that he'd already 'caught' one of my neighbours sneaking out before taking delivery!

So, I've started reading, but I have been doing other things (such as delivering Mum's fridge and freezer to Brodsworth where they are going to belong to the dig - I've bought newish fridge freezer off the people who are selling me the house).

I spoke to Gee - her copy had arrived as well, and she'd already read the last chapter!! She tells me that she does that with all book so that she know which creatures will be there at the end and therefore which are worth concentrating on - she also said that she'd like to do that in life! Imagine when you meet someone knowing straight away if they are worth spending time getting to know!

Anyway, I'm sure that there are many many people across the world who have already read it, but I'm sure it will take me at least a few days yet.

No comments:

Coming to America

We’ve made it to America - and boy it’s expensive!  We’ve not even been her 24 hours yet so haven’t done much except have a quick afternoon ...